What does ISO mean on Craigslist, Facebook, etc.?
ISO is an abbreviation used often on websites like Craigslist and other classifieds websites, including forums, message boards, and social media such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and more. On Facebook, the term ISO is often used in groups or on pages where users have common interests. Slang Define is here to help you learn and better understand the ISO meaning.
ISO Meaning: In Search Of
Meaning of ISO: In Search Of
ISO stands for In Search Of. Used often on Craigslist and other classifieds listing websites, users will use the term to show that they are interested in purchasing something. They could be looking for anything – a specific make and model of a car, a toaster, a particular phone, a computer program, etc. – and for that reason, the abbreviation is often used on niche websites or groups. If you see the term used on a Facebook page or in a Facebook group, it’s because the poster knows that their target audience – people who will see their post – may have what they’re looking for, know where to get what they’re looking for, or at least have some idea or input on how to get what they’re looking for.
Craigslist is probably the place where you’ll see ISO used most often. Users will use “ISO” in the titles of their listings when they are in search of something specific. While Craigslist has a “wanted” section, users will still post in sections relevant to what they’re looking for, as those sections typically receive more traffic. If someone wants to sell something on Craigslist, it’s unlikely that they’ll check the “wanted” section before posting, but they’ll probably check the specific “for sale” section that they’re going to post to, just to see what other people are selling and to check out competition. ISO, however, is not the only term used to show that you’re looking for something, especially on Craigslist. “Wanted” and “WTB” are also frequently used. “Wanted” is pretty straightforward, and is used in post titles. “WTB” is an abbreviation that stands for “Want To Buy”, and is used in the same manner as ISO meaning and “Wanted.
What does ISO mean? IN SEARCH OF
Where is ISO most commonly used?
ISO is used most commonly on Craigslist, Facebook (esp. groups & pages), Twitter, and classifieds sections of forums and message boards.
ISO is most commonly used on the following websites or apps:
- Groups specific to an interest
- Pages specific to an interest
- Classifieds sections of forums, message boards, and other websites
ISO Meaning – Example Use
Here are a few ways that ISO may be used on Craigslist, Facebook, Twitter, and other websites:
- Someone makes a listing on Craigslist with the title “ISO cracked iPhones” (They are looking for cracked iPhones to buy)
- Someone makes a post to the neighborhood Facebook group saying “Just moved in! ISO cheap furniture.” (They are looking for cheap furniture)
- Twitter users tweets “ISO best place to get a prom dress.” (They are looking for suggestions on places to buy a prom dress)
- User on an automotive forum makes a post with the title “ISO wheel ideas!” (They are looking for other users to suggest ideas for wheels that would look good on their car)
Facebook & Craigslist ISO Meaning: In Search Of